When you live aligned, you’ll have the energy and clarity you need to do what is truly important to you. You’ll be your happiest, most fulfilled, most productive self.
This alignment process is for YOU if you…
- Feel drained, burned out, or empty
- Feel pulled in so many directions that there’s no opportunity to reflect or focus
- Feel lost – like you know that you can contribute more in the world but you don’t have the energy or clarity do something that’s meaningful to you
- Feel like there’s no calendar space or energy for spending time with friends, playing with your kids, or taking care of yourself
- Wish you could feel present instead of constantly rushed
- Want to know yourself better, to feel more fully present, to achieve your potential, and to use your gifts and talents to make an impact and be of service to others
- Want to feel aligned with a sense of purpose
- Want to give your energy to things you actually care about, that move you in the direction of a life you truly want!
If right now you think it’s a little creepy 🤣 that I’m inside your head, then read on to learn the second set of six steps to an aligned life!
Step 4: Stop doing the things that are keeping you from the life you want.
Every day you are doing things that take precious time and energy that aren’t creating the life that you want.
These can include tasks that…
- Aren’t helping you create the life you want. These include things like complaining, mindlessly scrolling through social media, or any other energy-draining, time-wasting thing that isn’t creating the life you want. These tasks are out of alignment with your best self and your vision for your life. They are keeping you from being your best self. They are keeping you from creating the life you have envisioned.
- Aren’t in your zone of genius. This concept comes originally from Gary Hendricks’ book, The Big Leap, and I’m a huge fan.
To live aligned, the tasks you are executing every day should not just help create your vision. They should also be in your zone of genius.
When most of your tasks are outside your zone of genius, you’ll feel exhausted, drained, unfulfilled, empty, frustrated, and eventually burned out. (Hint: these are the things you should STOP DOING.)
When most of your tasks are IN your zone of genius, you’ll feel all of alignment feels: joy, challenge, growth, fulfillment, peace, purpose, passion.
Every task you perform falls within one of four zones:
Zone of Incompetence: These are things that you aren’t good at. It’s not just that you don’t know how to do them. It’s also that you don’t have an interest in learning them, a natural drive to do them, or an innate talent for them. These are things that other people do better than you, and they are tasks with which you will struggle, even with there being a severe consequence of your not doing them. (These are tasks that you should stop doing.)
Zone of Competence: These are things that you’re good enough at. You know how to do them and you can do them, but you’re not great at them. You don’t have an interest in getting better at them, a natural drive to do them, or an innate talent at them. You also don’t find these activities meaningful or fulfilling. These are activities that you do just fine, but someone else does them as well as or better than you do. You might do these tasks if there is sufficient extrinsic motivation or if there is a severe consequence for not doing them. (Stop doing these too. Delegate!)
Zone of Excellence: These are things that you excel at doing – you’re better than most. But despite being excellent at these things, you don’t love doing them. You don’t have an innate drive to do them and you don’t find them particularly meaningful, even if you do have some level of natural talent at them. When motivated extrinsically, you will happily execute these tasks.
Zone of Genius: These are things that you are uniquely amazing at in the world. No one else can do them the way that you do, and at the high level that you do. These are things that you love to do. You have a natural interest in them and seek to get better at them. You have an innate drive to do them and a natural talent for them. Your motivation for doing these tasks is almost entirely intrinsic, and you find them meaningful. These are things that you love to do so much that you could do them all the time, you feel your best while you’re doing them, and you tend to lose track of time and space when you’re engaged in them. (Spend as much of your time and energy as possible doing zone of genius stuff. It’ll transform your life and the lives of the people around you!)
How does it feel to consider that there are things you need to stop doing if you’re going to live your vision life?
What things immediately come to mind when you think about what you need to stop doing?
Write down your list of the things that you are committed to NOT doing since they are not aligned with your highest self, not helping you achieve your goals, and not contributing to the creation of the life you want. What are some physical activities that you are committed to stop doing because they aren’t in alignment with your goals or your Vision Self? This may include things like: stop wasting time on social media, or stop complaining. What are some mental activities that you are committed to stop doing because they aren’t in alignment with your goals or your Vision Self? This may include things like: stop permitting negative self-talk down-spirals, or stop being destructively self-critical.
Step 5: Reframe false beliefs.
Your beliefs are the foundation of your thoughts, feelings, and actions. Behavior starts with belief.
If you believe something that contradicts what you are trying to accomplish, you will fail. …and you’ll experience significant mental and emotional stress in the process.
For example, if you believe that financially secure people are greedy and dishonest, but one of your goals is to be financially secure, you have set yourself up for self-sabotage. You don’t want to be greedy and dishonest, so you will never achieve the goal of being financially secure until you adjust your BELIEFS about people who have what you want.
Living aligned will require that you reject and let go of the false beliefs that are keeping you from the life you truly want. It will require transforming the way you think and make decisions. It will require that you examine your conditioning, mental models, subconscious programming, and even past trauma. These have all impacted your beliefs about yourself and the world around you.
Living aligned will require that you internalize new beliefs and become the you that achieves your vision.
Consider your goals. What are the things that you believe about people who achieve goals like these?
Do your beliefs align with your goals? If not, in what ways do your beliefs contradict your goals?
What do you need to believe to achieve the goals that will help create the life you want?
Step 6: Create your Alignment Action Plan.
Pull it all together to create your Alignment Action Plan. In a succinct way, capture the elements of YOUR aligned life.
What do you want?
What are the traits of the person you are committed to BEING to create the life you want?
What are you committed to DOING to create what you want?
What are you committed to STOP DOING to create what you want?
What beliefs are in the way of your creating what you want, and with what supportive beliefs can you replace them?
Step 7 - Bonus! Take the Alignment Assessment!
Want to know where you are on the exhausted to energized spectrum? Take the Alignment Assessment!
Alignment is the path to energy, purpose, and a lit-up life!
You can transform exhaustion into energy – go from burned out to LIT UP – by creating an aligned life.
You can stop missing your life and start living aligned!
This assessment is for YOU if…
- You are ready to have the energy you need to live with purpose
- You are willing to engage in a process of alignment investigation
- You are committed to creating lasting, sustainable change
- You are committed to creating an aligned, fulfilling, purpose-driven life
Grab your magnifying glass and don your fedora – it’s time for some initial alignment investigation.
Take the Alignment Assessment now!
Are you a busy, high-performing woman who is exhausted, stressed, and overwhelmed, looking to create a life you actually want?
Do you want to spend your precious time and energy doing things that are actually important to you?
Do you want to understand yourself better, so that you can live aligned with what you truly value and feel alive?
If you want to crush it at life but are chronically stressed, exhausted and overwhelmed, I can help!
Join me for my upcoming Alignment Transformation program. We start the Sunday evening after Labor Day!
This program will help you to…
- Gain clarity on what you want for your life, who you are, what goals will help create your best life, what to stop doing to create your best life, what false beliefs are keeping you from being your best, and what your unique life purpose is.
- Identify the sources of energy-draining dysfunctional stress, the mental, emotional, contextual sources of exhaustion in your life and –
- Build an action plan for addressing and overcoming those exhaustion-inducers.
- Gain insight into how to create an environment in which you can truly thrive, based on your unique talents, skills, needs, and personality.
- Learn how to proactively listen to your body, with practical strategies to support the way you want to feel.
- Connect with a community of other high-performing women so you can feel supported throughout and beyond your transformation.
Stop missing your life! If you’re ready to get to the root of your exhaustion so that you can create an aligned life that you love, then click here to schedule a call with me today!
SHARE ON SOCIAL: